Thursday, August 20, 2009

Here a bean, there a bean, everywhere a bean bean!



Here are just a few things I've done lately. The first pictures are from my first time making funnel cakes =)







Over the last month or so we've received bags and bags of green beans. All this on top of the ones growing in our own garden. Now, I like beans, but you can only eat them so many times in a row! So I decided to freeze a bunch for the winter =)



With fall right around the corner, I have had canning on my mind! My mom baught me a canning recipe book and there are some really good looking recipes in there! Our pears should be ready in the next couple weeks, so I would like to make and can some pear chutney and pear butter.
I would also like to make peach salsa. We baught a jar at the farmers market and it was amazing, so it inspired me to make my own!





No comments:

Post a Comment